- You will feel taller, leaner & stronger: The most common result of consistent Pilates practice that our clients experience is feeling taller, longer, leaner and stronger. Many of our clients even show an increase in height at their annual doctor visit. How can this be? Gravity and life wear you down and compress your spine and joints. Your Pilates instructor will use carefully chosen exercises that help lengthen the spine and decompress the joints. Pilates exercise strengthens the muscles in such a way as to promote longer leaner muscles without bulk.
- You will feel invigorated: Have you ever completed a workout at a gym with blaring music and an instructor that you are sure is trying to beat you into the ground? You walk out of those kinds of sessions feeling like you spent an hour abusing your body. After a Pilates session, you’ll feel energized and invigorated because Pilates is smart exercise. We train the body in a way that gets results and is kind to both your body and mind. Our clients walk out of the studio feeing energized, fresh and healthy.
- You will feel as though stress has left your body: Pilates is mind/body exercise. We start by taking a moment to clear the mind and focus on being present in our workout session. We use deep breathing to facilitate flowing movement that allows the stresses of life to melt away. Each exercise flows gently into the next that you hardly even realize that you are exercising. You learn techniques that you can use every day to feel better physically and mentally.
- You will move better in your daily life: Pilates teaches us how to move with grace, balance, control and ease. Pilates is more than just a workout. It is designed to re-train your body how to move properly so that you will move though life with better function and less risk of injury. If you suffer from back or neck pain, you can expect that to decrease too.
- You will breathe better: We were all born breathing. We do it naturally and involuntarily. However, most of us don’t breathe to our full capacity. Typically most people breathe shallowly which results in a tight, inefficient rib cage and restricts air flow into the lungs. Proper breathing is a foundation of Pilates and it is woven throughout every exercise. You will find that over time, you are gaining a greater breath capacity. This is especially helpful for all you athletes and weekend warriors.
We have beginner workshops coming up on the following dates. Call us at 860-305-7441 to reserve your spot!
- Wednesdays at 6:45pm Jan 17 - Feb 7 Reformer Flow
- Fridays at 11 am Jan 19 - Feb 9 Beginner Mat
- Saturdays at 9:15 Jan 20 - Feb 10 Reformer Flow