I achieved certification from the Pilates PhysicalMind Institute in 2005 and from the Pilates Method Alliance in 2012. With an additional certification from the American College of Sports Medicine, I strive to bring you the best of "both worlds". I hope the classes at Marlborough Pilates Plus are a motivating blend of the depth and tradition of the Pilates method with current methods of exercise science.
We have a great crew of Pilates teachers at our studio, and I hope that this blog helps you become more familiar with them. Often times when students start attending group classes, their regular routine is a certain class or a certain teacher. Through this blog, we'll help you get to know our teachers, and the classes and workshop we offer at the studio! There may even be an opportunity to win some "Spot On" Points.
I have timed the start of my blogging adventure, with the move of our studio! We're not on the highway anymore and we don't want people to forget that we're here. I will also take requests on the blog. If you want me to blog about the difference between mat class and reformers, or a specific exercise, just ask, and I will try to get something written. Here are my top 5 reasons for starting this blog:
- So more people will know about Marlborough Pilates Studio Plus -- especially as we move to our new location next month!
- I hope to make my blog a forum for inspiring and motivating people on their Pilates Journey.
- I hope to be able to provide some education about Joe Pilates, the Pilates Method of Exercise and our studio, that our clients can share with their friends and family and our potential clients can reference when they are looking for a studio or just starting a Pilates practice.
- I'd like the blog to be a forum for guest blogs from our clients. If someone inspired your Pilates journey, or if you've had a "Pilates Moment" when you suddenly discovered the purpose of an exercise, or a Pilates accomplishment that you've been working towards - we'd love to be able to share that with our community.
- My blog will be a place for me to share how our clients are benefitting from a regular Pilates practice.
We'll post the blog on Facebook to give you a "heads up" that there's a new blog, and if you share the blog on your Facebook page, we'll give you 2 points toward a free class!
Hope to see you in class this week!